VanMoof is a fast-moving bike company set for major growth. We're looking for an Accountant who’ll jump right in, and help take charge of VanMoof's international growth strategy. You'll take charge of the full administration of certain foreign entities of VanMoof Group and will participate in specific projects to strengthen the structure of Finance to be able to support the significant growth of the business.
Reporting to the Finance Manager you'll be working in a dynamic environment as part of the accounting team. This team manages various entities across Taiwan and Japan and will be working on several projects to further structure and automate our finance processes as we grow into 2021 and beyond.
You will be an important player in the finance team. Here at VanMoof, finance is involved in the very core of our business and is not just a support team. As we rapidly expand our global footprint, reporting becomes more and more important. We want to make sure that all the numbers are reliable so we can make the right business decisions.
But don't get us wrong, you'll do so much more than operational tasks. You'll, together with the team, critically look at our current procedures and help to improve. You will make impact and have fun along the way!
What you’ll do
- Overall accounting daily operation including book keeping, A/R, A/P and reconcile bank account and transactions
- Reconcile transactions with bank in a timely manner
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts periodically.
- Responsible for month-end closing for local GAAP to ensure timely, consistent, accurate, and fairly presenting
- Responsible for external and internal audit requirements as well as local statutory/tax requirements
What you'll bring
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in accounting
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Pivot Tables
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Operation experience in ERP system
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Business fluency/native command of English and Mandarin.
- You currently live in Taiwan
- Flexibility, willing to take on alternative or additional tasks to meet the business needs
Extremely nice to have
- Fluency in Japanese
- Enthusiasm to improve processes
What you'll get
- 15 holidays + public holidays
- Annual bonus scheme
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- A space for you to grow your entrepreneurial skills
- Friday Healthy lunch
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea).
We’re obsessed with cities. So are our bikes. Truly city-proof, they shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power.
We made it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Join us on this journey.
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all the above boxes. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excitement about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now!